Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Travel Staff
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this impressive imperial city.
Explore the beautiful Sch nbrunn Palace and Gardens, watch the elegant horses at the Spanish Riding School, or marvel at Gustav Klimt masterpieces at the Belvedere: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Vienna with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Vienna
- Over 20 color maps, plus a Vienna subway guide, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Vienna designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show the inside of extensive Hofburg Complex, diverse MuseumsQuartier Wien, State Opera House, and more
- Color photographs of imperial palaces, formal gardens, incredible architecture, masterpiece-filled museums, Bohemian coffeehouses, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Stephansdom Quarter, Hofburg Quarter, Schottenring and Alsergrund, Museum and Town Hall Quarter, Opera and Naschmarkt, Belvedere Quarter, and beyond
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about this city's fascinating history and culture, musical heritage, traditional festivals, Austrian dishes and desserts, shops and markets, theater and dance, and more
- Essential travel tips--our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop. and sightsee, plus useful phrases and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Vienna is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Vienna.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one." --The Independent
On a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Vienna.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.