Author(s): DK Travel Guide Staff
Your journey starts here. This new edition of our Rome guide, packed with colour photography, DK's iconic illustrations and detailed maps, has been expertly updated so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Rome- beautiful piazzas, spectacular art, ancient monuments, lively local markets, heavenly ice cream - what will yours be?
- See Rome from a different angle- 20 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in Rome gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and a Metro, tram and bus map
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff- get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed colour maps help you navigate Rome with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including St Peter's Basilica, the Palatine and the Pantheon
- Covers Capitol; Forum and Palatine; Piazza della Rotonda; Piazza Navona; Piazza di Spagna and Villa Borghese; Campo de' Fiori; Quirinal and Monti; Esquiline; Lateran; Caracalla; Aventine; Trastevere; Janiculum; Vatican; and Via Veneto; plus sights beyond the old city walls, including day trips further afield
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel- For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.